Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bandwagon Wednesday: TSwift

Sadly… I am NOT on the Taylor Swift bandwagon. And there are many reasons for this – none of which include the fact that everyone loves her so I’m being a devil’s advocate. I just actually don’t like her. But I used to.

My family and I aren’t too picky about our music – we don’t discriminate against anything other than screamo annnd maybe that’s it. We’re country lovers for sure. And I can remember my freshman year of high school falling in love with Tim McGraw. I thought her lyrics were amazing and I loved the story. She’s from around my area so I felt a certain loyalty to her. And she personalized the song for tons of radio stations so when she sang XTU I was super proud.


images

Then something happened. Something called Love Story. Which I also loved. I downloaded it from itunes right after I heard it. The whole world loved it. The whole world loved her. And her long curly blonde hair. And the fact she was so young and wholesome.

twift
And then something else happened. Something called every song sounding the same. Something else called she talk-sings. Something else called people killed  Taylor Swift. People went bonkers. And I stopped liking Taylor Swift.

Back to December wasn’t too bad. But Fifteen and You Belong With Me were.  And Teardrops Of My Guitar kinda made me wanna cry and scream. Simultaneously.

twist2

What I will say is this: She is talented. She can play the guitar really well. She writes lyrics and music really really well. She knows who she is, what her style is, and she goes for it. For that I like her. She’s not swayed by everything else. And when Kanye ruined her moment I felt really really bad for her. That was plain wrong. Even though I think Beyonce should have won – he shouldn’t have done that. Poor thing. I wouldn’t have had that much class or poise… not in a million years.

index

I was in fact a fan of the relationship with Jacob. If that had worked out they’d both be named Taylor Lautner. HAHA. Too funny.

images

So to all the Swift fans I say go for it. But I just can’t get on the bandwagon for this one. There are a few things I like but she bores me. 

And Side note:  It is also upsetting that our culture goes WACKO over people. Justin. Taylor. People actually go crazy. I feel bad for her cause there are probably some real weirdos out there… Maybe you’re one of them? JUST KIDDING!!! I love Justin so I’m totally in the celebrity-obsessed category. But I don’t have a Mrs. Bieber shirt. Not yet anyways.

Hope I don’t get any hate mail for this one :) But if you want to sway me to hop on board let me know!!

No comments: