Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bandwagon Wednesday: Center Parts

Yes. Center Parts. And more specifically: center part  pony tails. This is such a random post but within two days I saw all three of these pictures. So I figured the trend was starting. Remember when LC wore that braid across the front of her head in the place of her bangs on The Hills and every girl from age 16 to 26 started doing it? Yeah. The center part pony tail could be the next LC side braid.

But back to the pony tail. If you’re like me you instantly think of yourself in second, third, or fourth grade. You didn’t really care too much about your hair and weren’t too aware of your appearance. So you hopped out of the shower, brushed your hair, parted it down the middle, let it air dry, and then swept it back into a bumpy pony tail after it got on your nerves. It definitely was not stylish. It was haphazard and comically cute.
After all, you were in the third grade.

Well my friends, that totally hot hairstyle is making a comeback.
And it’s being worn by Hollywood's sexiest, most confident, and most adored ladies.

holly

Gwyneth Paltrow – singing Adele’s Turning Tables on Glee

Beyonce Knowles

Beyonce – promoting her new single in Paris

kimmy2

Kim Kardashian – on some red carpet promoting something

Now I think all three ladies totally work this hairstyle. Why? Well they have amazing faces. During Glee the camera kept rotating around Gwyneth's face and her bone structure is so amazing that it was great to have her hair back away from her stunning face. The center part worked because her face is really symmetrical. And same for Beyonce and Kim. It’s also really important to remember that someone else is doing their hair and make-up. So do I like this hairstyle? I suppose. I’d rather see really pretty natural flowing hair, but this is pretty too. I just think it should stay in Hollywood. It’s one of those things we common people can envy from the middle class :) Plus – if we tried this on a sunny day we’d have awful sunburn on our scalps. And when that starts to peel it is not fun. Just ask my sister :) Sunburn aside, I kind of hope this doesn’t catch on. Some people can definitely pull it off, rock it, and whip it back and forth ‘cause they’re that fabulous… but I’m not a humungous fan of this. Who knows… maybe it’ll become the girls night out ‘do like LC’s braid and in a month I’ll be kicking myself because I didn’t “own that pony tail, work that up-do”. Have you ever worn your hair like this? Send me a picture!! I want to envy your symmetrical face and amazing cheek bones :)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

i tend to go for the side-part pony tail, i hope it meets your approval! ;-)