Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Zebra-Striped Whale

It sounds crazy, right?
The zebra-striped whale… it sounds like something that was found on the show Lake Monster, or maybe it’s a new pillow-pet, or mayyyybe it’s a children’s book!

DING DING DING!!

Yes, it’s a children’s book.

w4t

And more importantly, it’s an ice cream shop in Newtown, PA which is in Bucks County. And it looks a little something like this…

The ice cream and coffee shop is adorable. They sell local artists paintings on the walls, this picture is a painting of their store front… so cute!! And they serve ice cream in the same kind of style as Cold Stone Creamery where you can get things mixed in and they knead it all together on the stone that's cold (saying cold stone sounded wayyy to repetitive, so I thought I’d switch it up). But it’s better than Cold Stone. And being able to sit in the back and look out the giant window, or walk along all the shops and restaurants in Newtown makes it the perfect date spot… whether your having a date with the girlfriends, your sister, or your significant other :) Of course it’s a family favorite, too.

The first time I ever went to the ZSW I was with my older sister Kayla. I was visiting her at college when I was still in high school. She had been talking about this zebra-whale place and I couldn’t figure it out… but of course, she was 100% right and I fell in love!! We sat in that front window on high stools and talked as we watched the cars go by – ahh memories :)

If you’re in the area – check it out!! Unless of course, you’re already in love with it.
Which you probably are :)

No comments: