Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bandwagon Wednesday: Pearls

Pearls are so classic. They can be super gorgeous on a bride. They can be very stylish on a businesswoman – they’re very first lady. And they can be super pretty on the every-day lay-day.

pearls pearls3 

I am in category Numero Tres. Obv. Because I am neither a bride or a businesswoman. Ha. Anyways. I love pearl studs. They are my go-to accessory. Whenever I can’t decide which pair of earrings to wear – I pick my pearls. I used to think they were too dressy for the everyday but then I facebook stalked a girl that Mark knew from high school and she wore them all the time and I had a girl crush on her and I was convinced they were totally acceptable. SO if you feel like you can’t pull them off because you’re going out to run errands or go to the movies and you’re not walking down the isle – fear not. Pearls are/can-will-should be your best friends.

pearls2

My pearl earrings, despite my extreme love for them, seem to be the disappearing sock of my jewelry hutch. I lose them like resident’s at the home lose their keys. Mark has gotten me pearls for ever holiday since I met him – because I always lose them. Bless his heart. They’re an easy gift that I wear ALOT. So he knows he can’t go wrong :) He also got me a charm for my Chamilia bracelet that has three pearls in it. That my was Christmas present this past year. I wear it every day. I love it. Again – it might be a bit fancy for my CVS run but I honestly think that A. it’s better to be overdressed than underdressed and B. I should feel fabulous about one thing every day… And if that’s my really nice bracelet – so be it!!

pearl5 I also love this one… I used to bird watch with my mom when I was little and I have two sisters… so this bead would be symbolic for the girls in my family…

pearl6

Basically I love pearls. I love everything about them. They can dress an outfit up or just make a cute outfit even cuter! If you’ve never really been into pearls I encourage you to go for it!! Pearl studs go with everything. They add a touch of class and elegance – and what lady doesn’t want that?!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love me some pearls, too...need to invest in a nice string 'o pearls! :)

Unknown said...

dr. rebecca, im looking for a spring accessory to make me ellagant and demonstrate my taste for classyness..heheeh..should i consider puhrls?

your boy