Thursday, March 31, 2011

Peace

Everyone knows these mean peace…
image image

And the hippie movement was brought back into fashion/pop culture a lot in the past few years. My father hates the peace sign because of what it stood for in the 60’s but my sister’s and I have always thrown it up in pictures. It’s the gangster, celebrity, hippie go-to sign. I guess if Madonna does it, it’s cool?!

For my sister’s 20th and 21st birthday I planned a scavenger hunt of sorts and on her 21st birthday peace signs were really popular. We went a little crazy…




And while that is all good and fun there is a different kind of peace. A peace that comes only from Jesus. A peace that I never felt in my life until a few months ago. Sure, I’d pray right before a test asking the Lord to help me to stay calm and remember the information a studied, I’d take a deep breath, and plunge right in. But that wasn’t this kind of peace.

This peace is complete and utter surrender to the Lord. I no longer worry about what will happen with my future. I don’t fret about going back to college, picking a major, working, etc. I know that God is going to show me everything. He will open doors and close doors. He will guide me. I need to trust Him, serve Him, and love Him. The rest will all fall into place.

Here are a few verses that I have really been holding too lately:

2 Timothy 2:22 - So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those you call on the Lord from a pure heart.

Colossians 3:15 - And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

John 16:33 - I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.

These verses are such an encouragement – especially that last one! I have never felt such peace and guidance in my life. And for that I am SO thankful!! I have decided that I want to be baptized, so I’ll be getting baptized this Sunday! I’m sure I’ll post about that sometime next week! 

Hope you all have a great Thursday and I hope these verses encourage your day!

Peace out ;)

No comments: