Monday, March 28, 2011

What a HOOT!!

Today I stopped at the thrift store by my church because I had a meeting after work. I was on my way out but this guy caught my eye.

Owls have become really popular over the past year or so and I love them. My Nana used to collect owls when my mom was a kid but they’re all gone now :(

Every time I see Owl jewelry my shopping buddy or my Jiminy Cricket reminds me that I already have enough… But I recently started keeping my eyes open for Owl Decor. My bedroom is small, but I’ll either cram it in, save it all for my someday apartment, or possibly sell it. Who knows?? I’ve  also been inspired by Three Men and a Lady and Busy Bee Lauren. I love Michelle’s idea of making it into a lamp and I love the pillow that Lauren has on her couch. They’re both so creative!!

Here are some of the other owls in my life…

Lenox Owl – was in my parent’s curio cabinet. The whole thing is ignored and neglected because they think it’s ugly…. mom had no problem when I asked for the owl :)


And the necklace and earrings are both from Charlotte Russe… I never realized the necklace was missing a chain on the right until I uploaded these pictures!! HAH! Oh well… A missing chain is less noticeable than having your shirt on backwards (Yep. That happened. Last week. Didn’t realize until I had an hour of work left).
           

I can’t wait to paint my new owl! I want to find out if I’d be able to make it into a lamp… I don’t know if the ceramic would crack…. whether a lamp or a cool decorative piece – I’m happy!!

And also – Harry Potter made owls cool, among lots of other things :) 

hp1_l

No comments: