Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Explosion!!

So today was my first day of work by myself. Before today I've been at the front desk with the receptionist being trained. Today I moved to the little corner office with the large window that looks out front and a large window behind me that looks down the hallway (AKA someone is potentially always watching me - little bit creepy). And my job is to work on projects that my boss brings in and answer the phones so the receptionist can do the things she's supposed to do. I'm the relief receptionist on tuesdays and thursdays.

Well my friends - the phone rang about five times an hour on average. And I stuffed and labeled and sealed about 100 envelopes. And I scoured Yahoo's homepage for something not depressing to read. And then I sat. And the morning went by really really fast BUT it's silent. I don't talk to anyone and no one really talks to me. I like quiet time to myself. But I also love being around my friends and family. So I thought I would love the quiet - but it makes me so bored and sleepy. And then when I get out I nearly explode - in a good way. I'm Chatty Kathy and super happy. I'm sure my family loves that - HAH!! Anyways I'm sure once I get into a routine they'll give me more projects and it will be totally fine. At least I hope so :) Being busy helps the time go by faster...

When I got out of work and it was WARM OUTSIDE. THANK YOU LORD FOR SPRING!!! I put all four of my windows down, drove a little too fast on the back country roads, blasted my Dave Matthews and had not a care in the world. I'm now gonna go for a walk and soak in some Vitamin D. Ah.

I love working.
I love working the day shift.
I love getting out of work in the afternoon.
I love this fabulous warm weather.

Also.
I love getting a pay check.

Amen?

No comments: