Friday, March 4, 2011

Gaga for GAGA

Ok - so I know that a few posts ago I said I was becoming quite disenchanted with Lady Gaga and I am hopping off the Born This Way bandwagon, but I can't help but notice something: Just like the boring/normal/average population of the world, fashion designers and celebrities are equally as obsessed. And they may not even know it, but it is quite obvious... the world has gone gaga for Gaga...
(I apologize for the clarity of these pictures... the detail is kinda hard to see... found them all on E!'s website under the fashion police section - You should read what they think about some of these pretty numbers!! Joan Rivers is brutal...)

 Heidi Klum and J.Lo  -  Obvious victims of Poker Face - and it works, its harmless, its pretty
Rachel Bilson - This is an example of someone who has no idea what they just copied


Mila Kunis - Not a total Gaga makeover, but when I saw her on TV, I immediately thought meat


Demi Lovato - Big shoulders are in, so she's not too far off the mark but these are borderline HUGE

Fergie and Winona Rider - I do not understand why anyone would want BIGGER hips?!?
  
Shenae Grimes and Taylor Momson - Halloween only worse - I'm sad someone thought this was pretty and wearable in public and cool...
 

Michelle Williams - I love her cheetah shoes but this seems pretty deliberate - I always think of the Glee episode when someone runs in saying how Vocal Adrenaline bought red tulle and I think Artie (maybe not?) says "Oh No! They're doing GAGA"

Jessica Alba and Selena Gomez - They look gorg - But Gaga so started the mullet dress comeback
So obviously some of these aren't very pretty, or flattering, or modest, or classy BUT the point is that Gaga moved in and is taking over. First was the music industry, now its fashion, and pretty soon it'll be politics and the law - not to mention the minds of a young, impressionable, immoral, and corruptible America. 

OK maybe I should get off the soapbox now... Oh how I miss the Poker Face days...

No comments: