Thursday, March 3, 2011

Oh, What a day...

Today has been extremely extremely productive... and there were so many things that made me stop, smile, and praise the Lord for His goodness.

1. breakfast at Emma's with friends from school. I have missed the girls so terribly! As much as I know coming home this semester was the right decision, I miss living with them so much it hurts. Catching up over pancakes and french toast was such a good reminder of how wonderful friendship really is...

2. calling my mother at work for the zillionth time today, talking for three straight minutes, and then realizing the only person I am talking to is myself - I later found out she hung up because her boss came to the front desk to find her talking on the phone with me for the third time today :)

3. a woman at the doctor's office complementing me on my boots, blazer, and scarf. I told her where I got the boots cause she wanted a pair and then said it was so nice "to meet a nice person, because you just don't meet nice people anymore" - seriously made my day!!

4. spending a few hours with the two kids I nannied this past summer, their new puppy (Chase Mutley - obv HUGE Phillies fans) that is so well behaved and so lovable, and their wonderful mother who has been a friend and mentor to me since my freshman year of high school. She is the MOH in her sister's wedding so we shared wedding-drama and our shower secrets... Here's the kids with my younger sister at Castle Park this past August...

Even though the bright sunshine was deceiving and it's quite chilly outside, today felt like one of those days when you know things are about to change. They're gonna get better. Even if that just means you can roll your windows down in addition to rocking your new sunglasses :) It's great when there is so much goodness in a day that you can't help but smile!!

OH and I almost forgot: DUKE beat Clemson 70-59 last night. It was senior night AKA no more home games, no more Kyle Singler, no more Nolan Smith :( BUT this Saturday they play against UNC... it's gonna be epic. (ps. I have a serious crush on Nolan - but Mark approves - and it'll only last until the end of the month soo I don't think we have anything to be too worried about)

No comments: