Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A little bit of both worlds…

First of all – THE BACHELOR. Brad and Emily. Happily Ever After. I teared up. It was sappy and pathetic. I really hope they get married!!! AND I loved her pink dress. She is so classy, so poised, Ah. Love them.
brad

As I  mentioned yesterday, Mark came today and we went thrifting!! We hit four thrift stores this afternoon AKA The Thrifting Extravaganza. The one place has kind of become a dump because someone new took it over and they accept any/all donations  and everything is dumped anywhere BUT there is really unique furniture and random stuff. I got a small footstool that I am going to make over as the ottoman to match the chair I got a few weeks ago… pictured here. There was no price tag on it so the man sold it to me for $3!! I was really really happy and I’m looking forward to giving it a makeover once I get paid and can go to JoAnn’s… Mark also found a throwback Denver Broncos strap back hat. He almost had a cow. Evidently they’re back in style and aren’t too cheap. He got it for $1.50 and on Amazon they’re $30.00. Needless to say he was no longer bored to be on my outing but was actually excited about the treasures waiting to be discovered. Which makes me excited. It’s nice to introduce something new to him that we both enjoy doing…  and we enjoy doing together…marky

Tonight he is going to help me fill out my NCAA March Madness Brackett – because evidently “It’s the girls who know nothing that always do the best”… and that’s me!! I get the game and I know Duke but other than I’m kind of a “do we want the team in red to win or the team in white to win?” girl… And I’m ok with that :)

Thrifting is part of my world. and College Basketball part of is his. I had a great day…

Also… We found a bunch of canes and so I had to take this picture…. Harnessing his inner Scott Disick - Haha! The elderly people running the store probably thought we were loco…markycane2


I’ll take pictures of my ottoman as I go through the makeover process. Hopefully I’ll be able to finish that project in the next week or so…. I’m really excited about this… It’ll be my first real project… Here goes nothin!! Do you have any advice for me?

No comments: