Saturday, March 26, 2011

Blue

Today I am feeling blue. Wanna know why? Well a few reasons – and none of them are really that super important and have actually caused me to feel down because I had a great day – but still. Today I am feeling blue.

  1. Sad-blue… I have not blogged in days. I have been working like craycray and then on my two days off I’ve been partying like it’s 1999. Not really. But almost.
  2. Duke-blue… Duke lost on Thursday night. Which means I will never ever get to watch Nolan or Kyle play for Coach K again. It also means Duke is out of the tournament which is really unfortunate. It also means my bracket is now shot- but I didn’t care too much anyways – I’m beating Mark and that’s all that matter. Also – UNC has not lost so they’re still in it. And that’s just not right.
  3. Cold-blue… A week ago I was wearing a tank top and a light cardigan because it was 70ish degrees and I was in heaven. Today the high was 40. But it’s sunny out. So the weather totally tricked me into thinking there was no need for a coat. But it was freezing. And I just want Spring to come and stay forever. I’ve had it with winter.
  4. Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue-blue… This entire week/weekend has consisted of one thing. The Wedding. Yes. It’s capitalized. Meaning it’s three months away. So it’s macho importante. And I knew this was going to happen. So I’m not being unreasonable. I’ve been saving up energy and patience for this very moment, but it’s gotten the best of me. As if every conversation wasn’t already about the wedding in some way shape or form – we’re now having 3 times as many conversations as we used to. And half  of them are about the same exact wedding stuff we’ve pontificated over before. AKA it’s nothing new or different. The decisions have already been made and now we’re just talking about them. And people’s nice limits are being reached. I always thought bridezilla was cruel and the “well known fact” that all the bridesmaids secretly want to stab the bride or tape her mouth shut was a lie. Now I understand. It’s not that extreme or too bad… but I’m all wedding’ed out for now…

And that is all. I am now going to get into my bed and sleep peacefully straight on till morning. And it is going to be amazing. And hopefully this week I will be able to blog more because I miss it. A lot. My creative juices are flowing my friends. It’s a good thing :)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

smile :)

and call me whenever needed!