Friday, March 4, 2011

Piles Piles Piles

So this morning I put dinner in the crock pot, cleaned the powder room, and then attacked the upstairs hallway that has become the family junk yard - literally. Kay's Hope Chest, empty boxes, and other various items are in a huge pile next to the laundry room, the towels/sheets/washcloths/etc. are all on another rack that is continually being pulled apart and re-stacked, and then in another corner is everything that we three girls cleaned out of our rooms when I moved home a few weeks ago. That pile was designated for the Purple Heart or Goodwill... Every day something else gets put in one of the piles and I felt like the hallway was going to swallow me up. So I decided to take action...

I reorganized all of the towels, folded all of the clean sheets that have been sitting in a laundry basket for a week, and moved all of the goodwill items downstairs to be moved to the garage once my mother looked through it.

When she got home from work I watched her sort through everything and to my utter amazement, she found a purpose and need for about a fifth of the items... So they were put back into space in - yes you guessed it - the upstairs hallway :)

And I'm sure my mother will read this and will be furious because it sounds like we're pack-rats and dirty people - but I now realize - we're just normal. And someday when I am a mom and I clean out my kids' rooms, or don't have time to fold the laundry, or just don't have time for anything I will have piles... But eventually, I will get to the piles and the things on their way out will find their way to the garage...

No comments: