Monday, August 15, 2011

New Hope… is a little spooky

I believe that’s what Mark and I were feeling as we were driving around looking for a place to park. I was really confused when I went into a local Chinese restaurant and asked the woman for 4 quarters change for my dollar so we could park and she shook her head no. And I was even more worried when I got a super nice welcome via an inappropriate gesture from a local through the car windows. But after we parked and actually got to experience Main Street, we found New Hope to be quite delicious and quite darling.

We went to a restaurant called Marsha Browns that Mark found online… it’s actually inside an old church!! The decor is so so neat and the food is Creole style cuisine. I had a burger with onions, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, and their barbeque sauce and Mark had the jambalaya. Mine was delicious. His was atrocious. But he loved it… so more power to him… After we ate we walked down to the Delaware and watched the ducks and the swans for a while. There were three ducklings that were adorable! They always stayed out of the water whenever people threw the ducks food because they older ones got so vicious and crazy over the bread crumbs! Poor ducklings… Anyways if you’re ever in the New Hope area you should definitely try Marsha Browns. The lunch menu isn’t very large but the food is excellent and the prices are much more reasonable. Dinner is a little more pricey.

 

Ps. I love swans. There were swans in the lake at the camp where I was born, so I’ve always loved them. Aren’t they beautiful?? God is such an amazingly creative and beautiful creator.

No comments: