Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to the start…

Langhorne Coffee House – the cutest place in all of Langhorne, that is frequented by everyone who goes to PBU. My sister was the first person that ever introduced me to it. It’s adorable. The walls are lined with local artists’ paintings and the seats are filled with business people, college students, the local police officers, and moms with their children. It’s tiny, but so welcoming. I love mom-and-pop places, and this one is probably my favorite. Over the course of my three semesters at school I went with my girlfriends a bunch of times, and it became the place to go. It’s only open until 2pm and they serve breakfast and lunch items. My favorite thing about LCH is that they cut their muffins in half and put them on the grill with butter. They come to you warm and toasted. Delish.

Mark and I decided to go Monday. In honor of meeting two years before, we spent a few hours in the town where we met. So cheesy. But still fun. The weather was SO gorgeous that we got to eat outside. The humidity has finally died down and the air has that cool hint of the coming of fall that I love. We both got Arthur Palmer’s to drink which is iced tea mixed with lemonade – I never knew it had a name!! And I called it a Hey Arnold because I couldn’t remember the real name :) Mark, of course, knew all about it/him…

After brunch, we headed to school and walked around the pond. It was weird to be back on campus, and even weirder that for the first time since I was five I won’t be going back to school. No school supplies, no packing, no anticipation. No school. Very weird. Mark high-fived me for taking the easy way out, joking of course. We both agree that my decision to work until I figure out what I want to do is the right thing, but it’s a little sad that I won’t be with him at school. No more runs to Wawa or Dunkin or LCH for coffee. No more sitting in the library listening to completely different music on our headphones and mouthing the words while writing papers next to each other. No more dates in the Eagles Nest for fried food and cookies. This fall is going to be a lot of change for both of us, so we’re trying to hold on to these last few days of freedom and summer. I feel that way at least. On September 1st I’ll start a full time job and five days later I’ll say goodbye to my teens. Welcome to the real world, right? It’ll be an adjustment, but I’m glad I still have days like Mark and I had to relax with the people I love.

The end of summer is always a little sad, but Autumn truly is my favorite season. And I can’t wait to see what the next few months have in store…

1 comment:

Bad Joan said...

Gorgeous black and whites!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com