Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I’m a slob

Three hours ago my room looked like this…
Please feel free to judge me. I am.

Basically I’m disgusting. I hate when my room is messy, but once it starts looking untidy I abandon ship and only spend time in it when I’m sleeping. The clean laundry stay in my chair in a heap. The clothes I wore to the gym are on the floor. The clothes I wore to work yesterday and the day before that (and the day before that, and the day before that) are slung over the back of my desk chair. And the laundry that I attempted to fold is on the stool or on top of my dresser. There are books everywhere. And there are about 43985 water bottles or cups of water because I get wicked thirsty before bed and never think about them the next morning. And the trash bin is overflowing. Yes. I’m disgusting. And my room was so despicable this afternoon that I sat on the edge of my bed and thought, ‘This is too overwhelming. What if I just ignore it?”  I seriously considered, but that wasn’t an option. So I cleaned up the bomb of a place… and now we have this!!!
*cue the choir*

Some things will probably have to change in the next few weeks because there is WAY too much stuff in here… but I think she cleaned up nicely :)

In the process I learned a few things:

1. You can ALWAYS fit more in your closet. Just like there’s always room for one more person at a round table – more things will fit into your closet. You just have to fold things and puzzle piece them in. Shoving doesn’t work. (And yet I shove when I don’t have time to care. Which is mostly always. Why?)

2. I am even more disgusting than I originally thought – I cleaned out an old purse and found not one, not two, not five, but SEVEN spoons. I always take a spoon to work to eat my yogurt with and evidently I don’t know how to bring the spoons home and run them through the dishwasher. And just to make this all that much more laughable – I’ve been mentally and verbally complaining about my house’s shortage of spoons. I always tell my mom, “Spoons are the socks of the kitchen. They disappear. What happens to them?” Oh yes, I know what happens to them – I LEAVE THEM IN MY PURSES!

3. I have an odd number of black flip flops which makes no sense. I also have too many pairs of black flip flops. Why don’t I throw the old ones away? Seriously, they are worn down so much that I’d basically be walking on the hard ground.

And I learned some other things… but they really aren’t worth sharing because I’d be the only person who would find them amusing. So there you have it. Three hours, a vaccum, some trash bags, and some 835 sprays of Febreeze later, we have a mostly presentable bedroom. At least tomorrow morning I won’t trip on my way to the shower at 5:30am!!

Also – Kayla – if you’re reading this… I have about 4 empty shoe boxes, and I know you collect those and all to put stuff in… soo let me know ;)

1 comment:

Kay said...

I no longer collect shoeboxes. The hubs entirely forbid it after I brought about eighteen into our marriage- each filled to capacity. And... I totally threw away the random one black flip flop I found after the wedding. Guess it belonged to your odd one. Bummer.