Friday, August 19, 2011

#5

On the End-of-Summer Bucket List:
Tie Dye T-Shirts

CHECK!

Two weeks ago I babysat for a friend. It was quite a party with my sister, her two kids, their dog, and me! We went to Wal-Mart to get supplies, tie-dyed our little hearts out, ordered a pizza for lunch, and then bummed it on the couch watching Newsies until we were ready for ice cream :) I love these kids.  I love their dog. I love their Mom!

What I DON’T love are all the pictures the girls took of “us” actually doing our shirts. All you see are my hands, my legs, and the shirt – it’s like no one else was even there… But they’re 10 and 11 and I guess I wasn’t too clear when I asked them to take pictures…

Anyways – here’s us tie-dyeing our shirts!!
And aren’t my green thumbs nice?? Yeah those gloves didn’t work so well…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And here’s the finished project…. I babysat the kids again today and we all decided we’d wear our shirts for the day and wow the community fabulous matchy-matchyness…

My shirt and J’s turned out the best, Sarah and A’s could have used a bit more dye… but they look great!! We visited Kayla today at work and she told me her co-workers asked if we usually coordinate our outfits… Why yes, yes we do :) I’m glad I can cross another thing off my summer bucket list and that I can now say I’ve tie-dyed!!

Happy Friday! Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: