Monday, August 29, 2011

GG Fashion Police

I did not watch the VMA’s. But thanks to twitter, E!, facebook,  and People, I really didn’t need to. Ahh I love social media…

The most important thing: Jay-Z and Beyonce. Last night when I found out that Beyonce was pregnant I started smiling. And almost got off my chair to do a little victory dance. And I texted mark with all capitals. I may have screamed out loud – or it may have been in my head. Not really sure. BUT I AM SO HAPPY FOR HER/THEM!!!! YAY!!!! I have been waiting for this moment. This baby is going to be beautiful and is going to come into this world with more talent that half the people who were even at the VMA’s last night. Seriously – I might be more excited for Beyonce than I was for Kate Middleton. And that was an impressive excitement.

But now let’s move onto fashion. I’m pretending to be Joan Rivers for five minutes.
Or maybe Kelly Osborn. Fashion Police Gertie Girl Style…

Worst Dressed of the Night
Miley vs. Britney

120463613JM037_2011_MTV_Vid 112197834RW037_The_28th_Ann

Miley’s dress isn’t THAT bad, but she just looks so darn awkward.. Actually I take that back – animal print, floral print, fading blues, stripes, long sleeves, train – it’s a hot mess. Maybe it’s just the fact that she wore it to this event, but I’m not loving it. And Britney looks lost/dazed/confused. Also what is she wearing? The shoes might be the best part about the outfit…

And the Worst Dressed goes to… Miley.
I mean common. She’s what – 19? And that’s the best she can do? I’m not a Miley fan to begin with, but I’m pretty sure  she could have asked someone for help when getting dressed. Britney has had two kids, has had many lows among her highs, and for all she’s been through looks ok. Maybe she forgot to make a hair appointment.

 

Most Bizarre of the Night
Katy Perry vs. Niki Minaj

1B3FCB48 1B3FAC2D

I think that Katy Perry is beautiful.
Exhibit A: The Smurfs movie premier and last years VMA’s.

katy katy2

She’s always been playful and I think it’s fun and cute. She’s proved she can do that but still look beautiful. I mean that blue eye make-up and blonde hair was gorgeous! But this year’s VMA’s was just bad. I’m not loving the pink hair or the dress or the umbrella.
She looks twelve. Obnoxious twelve.

And Niki. Who I also think is super pretty but downplays her looks… Last night she literally covered them up. When I first saw this outfit I had flashbacks to the Gaga episode of Glee when Rachel comes to rehearsal in that pathetic dress made out of beanie babies or Hello Kitty’s or whatever. And they’re coming off. And Kurt get’s that pitiful look on his face. Yes that’s exactly how I felt. Poor Niki. Covering up her pretty face and wearing the strangest assortment of things on her body. It’s like someone dumped the barney bag on her while she was wearing glue or something. STRANGE.

And the Most Bizzare award goes to…. Niki.

It’s one thing to be out there. She’s proven she’s crazy with her wigs and makeup before. But this is just out-there. And not even artistically out-there like some of the stuff Lady Gaga has done. This is just all wrong. Let Gaga do her thing. Maybe she knew you were going to be doing this and that’s why she decided not to wow us with a crazy outfit and just show up as a dude. (I wasn’t going to mention that at all, but I think it needed a nod).
And speaking of the barney bag…

 

Best Barney Babe
Selena vs. Demi

122371316LL002_The_28th_Ann119318120PB068_2011_MTV_Vid

Selena has looked WAYYY better. This dress isn’t too bad, but every time the mullet dress comes back it’s cute on the first three people who wear it and then it’s old again. Which is kind of the case here. Plus it looks like Halloween is coming early around her neck. Demi is just smokin’. Her voice sounds incredible on her lastest single and she’s overcome a lot in this past year. She remains positive and never stops thanking her fans. I love that she's not a little twig, but she looks fit and healthy. Her hair is also out of this world. I’d pay large sums of money for hair like this…

So which Barney Tot turned Disney Princess turned Total Babe wins… DEMI!!
This girl is on fire. And she’s was working it last night. You go girl! She’s also friends with the Kardashians. I mean really – Kim Kardashian as a surrogate older sisters or Justin Bieber to gallivant around Hawaii with? In this case – Demi wins. In every other situation Selena wins. I do love me some Bieber sans the snake.

And finally, as if her baby announcement wasn’t amazing enough, Beyonce looked stunning. Which is nothing new – she always looks flawless.
She’s my best dressed pick.

1B3FAAC9

And then because I just can’t NOT mention them…Kim matched Demi, but I thought she looked blahhh. Not the best dress for her. And Adele looked precious. I would have loved to be apart of that standing ovation.

1B3FAD83 122371316LL111_The_28th_Ann

 

Who do you think was best dressed last night?
Which performance was your favorite?!

No comments: