Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 6, 1991

was the day I was born!! Happy 20th Birthday to meeee!!

The thing I like most about birthdays is that they are a perfectly good reason to make everyone you love spend time with you. It’s your birthday so they basically have to :)
I also love my birthday because it’s in September. The PA humidity is down but it’s still warm like summer, with just a taste of fall in the air. And it’s also the beginning of the school year. And since I loved going back to school as a kid, my birthday always seemed twice as exciting, Now I’m thankful I don’t have any classes to go to, but I will be answering the phones at work… Maybe I’ll switch it up: “Goodmorning, SMH, birthday girl Rebecca speaking…” I might just do it.

Here’s a look back at my most recent birthdays…

My 19th was spent at school: going to class, going to dinner with the family, and then having cake and ice cream with my friends and family in the lounge at my dorm. I got the most beautiful white and yellow calla lilies from Mark that morning… I’ll never forget ‘em.

And my 18th birthday was spent with my sister, her husband, and his sister… Kayla and I used to do this thing for each other’s birthday called #youareturning Things… we did 20 crazy things the night before she turned 20 and 21 things the night before she turned 21. And it’s like one giant scavenger hunt, where you can only open one clue at at a time. And a lot of them are embarrassing or random. She planned 18 things for me, and the four of us traipsed around Langhorne together :) It was a ton of fun… We ended up eating at Nifty Fifty’s and had AMAZING milkshakes :)

My 17th birthday was right around the first day of senior year and all I remember about it was that we ate at Red Robin, it poured, and Kayla made me the coolest card ever. And 16 was spent sobbing in a Friendly’s Diner booth. But that’s another story for another time… We still reference that birthday when we need a good laugh :)

I would have to say that the older I get, the better the birthdays get…  And that my friends, is a blessing. Hope your labor day was relaxing and you treat yourself to cake and ice cream for me :)

No comments: