Friday, September 9, 2011

The Real Thing

Part II and Part III of my 20th Birthday

Monday morning my dad took me out for breakfast – which is something he’s done since we were little girls. It's our birthday date with dad. And for the majority of my life, we haven’t been able to do this because I’ve had school. But this year it was possible because we both had off for Labor Day. Sadly, our favorite diner, Emma’s, was closed because of the holiday. We went across the street to another restaurant. And that’s the last time we’ll ever go there… Dad said, “If you can’t make breakfast, you can’t do anything”.
Yes you heard it here first.

Then Tuesday – my actual birthday – Kayla, Bucky, Grandmom, and Grandpop came over for dinner. My Grandpop’s birthday was the 1st – so we had a joint partay. And even though it was raining buckets and cats and dogs, everyone arrived safely and also quite hungry :) Mom made asparagus, mashed potatoes, homemade applesauce, grilled pork tenderloin, and we also had fresh bakery rolls and cantaloupe. It was so so good. She also whipped up ANOTHER chocolate cake. Only this time the vanilla icing was homemade. (Yes, this is the moment when you realize my family demolished two cakes in about 5 days. And I’ll be in a bathing suit in two days. Awesome.) But it was all delicious. DELICIOUS.

When it was time for cake, I handed my dad my phone and asked him to take a few pictures.  That man is so dear. He held that phone up with such intensity making sure he got every possible shot.

Very precious. I’m not sure if you can tell, but the candles, wish making, and singing were already way finished and he was still snapping away :) This last picture ^^ resulted in an AWESOME shot of Kayla and Bucky… Am I right? Or am I right?

Here are the others he took… yes he got every single step. The pre-lights-off smile. The candle adjustment. The smiling while singing. The making of a wish (Which I totally forgot I had to do and panicked!). And the candle blowing. YAY.

 

Then I got to open my presents which included a lovely cheetah clutch from my parents, two books that I REALLY REALLY wanted from Sar-Bear, and an extremely comical card with a stay-tuned-your-present-has-been-shipped notice from Kay and Bucky. I’m a very blessed twenty year old. For the gifts I was given and for the wonderful family I have :)

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!
I’m wearing jeans because I sit at a desk all day and no one will see my legs anyway.
That rhymed. Yes.
Cheers to the freaking weekend.Yeah.Yeah.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

loved this post.