Monday, September 12, 2011

Sea Foam Green

That’s the color I wanted when I walked into Lowe’s (with a confidence I’ve never had). I walked right up to the paint swatches. Studied them for 3 seconds. Grabbed one. And it was a perfect match for the $4 shower curtain I had just purchased across the street at Ross. Yes ladies and gents, the bathroom got a makeover. And it was a cheap one that ended up looking mighty fine if I do say so myself. Which is comical because the only credit I can really take for the whole thing is picking out the paint, shower curtain, and floor mat and helping my dad hang the lights and ceiling vent back up after all the REAL work was finished. Be amazed. Aka don’t take this too seriously. It looks more blue than green. And it’s definitely more green. Very serene. Very spa like. Very clean.

BEFORE

There used to be a border around the top of the wall that matched the shower curtain but that had already come down before I thought to take a picture. We loved this bathroom. One afternoon after Sarah had been born, Kay and I came home from school and bounded into the house to find that we weren’t allowed upstairs. Dad had taken a half day at work and he and Mom re-did the whole thing for us. We were shocked. We loved it. But after about 10 years it was looking pretty gross.

DURING

He conquered this bathroom in an hour. And was whistling.
It was a home-improvement first in our household.
But it was preceded by dropping screws down the sink and having to take all our girl crap out from under the sink to take about the pipes under the sink to get the screws back. So definitely not the smoothest project ever, but all in all, I’d say it was a success :)

AFTER: THE REVEAL

Oh we got a new toilet seat too… It’s nice to sit down and not slide all over the place :)
My dad and I make a pretty good team…

I think she cleaned up nicely… and she’ll serve her new purpose wonderfully.  The best part about this project was that it was super cheap, but turned out looking nicer than it did before. What do you think? Do you like the new bathroom better or the old?

No comments: