Monday, May 2, 2011

Two Month Countdown

Well ladies and gents – we’re gettin’ mighty mighty close. In exactly two months I will be in the Bride Room at church finishing up my makeup, helping Kayla with any last minute details, and trying not to go to the bathroom seventy-three times JUST because I’m excitingly anticipating the hour ahead… (anybody else feel like a pregnant woman when they’re nerves are acting up??)

I’ve never been in a wedding before so I’m really really excited :) The one thing I’m not exactly looking forward to is my walk down the isle. Do I stare straight ahead? Do I smile at people I know? Ahh decisions decisions. And what if in typical-me-fashion I’m already an emotional mess and I have happy tears sliding all down my cheeks? That’ll be super attractive :) But I guess whatever happens happens – I think I’ll smile at people I know.
It seems only natural to do that…

Kayla decided on the colors of the wedding  (Navy with a springy-sage accent) but didn’t ever find a bridesmaids dress that she loved. Then she found this picture online and was so upset that she couldn’t find where the dress was from. Thankfully, her fiance’s mom and her best friend are both seamstresses and they offered to make our dresses!!
This picture is from my old phone and isn’t very clear but the element of surprise is better anyways, and once the wedding pictures are up here you’ll be able to get the full effect…

Kayla decided to for-go the sash but we have a ruffle along the neck line and it turned out so pretty!! I was the test-dress, so mine needed a lot of altering, but now our fabulous seamstresses understand the pattern and the other dresses are being made as we speak :)

Now that we have the dress figured out we’re moving onto shoes. If anybody has a suggestion for a bridal party including an 8 month pregnant bridesmaid, an eleven year old bridesmaid, and a bridesmaid with a bad back – let me know ;) We’ve gone back and forth between heels, flats, or a mixture of both.  Ultimately, it’s Kay’s decision so I hope she can find something she’s happy with!


I can’t believe we’re only two months out… I’m getting so excited :)
Any Maid-of-Honor tips I should keep in mind as I get closer??

No comments: