Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bandwagon Wednesday: Diva Pt. IV

And now for the final installment of my May Divas. So sad it’s over :( But really excited about this last lady. It’s a surprise ending… Maybe not a real surprise. Maybe just surprising :)

 

Barbra Streisand

B1

This woman. This woman has so much behind her name…

1. She has the longest spanning musical career of any female with a span of 46 years between her first and last album.

2. She has had gold albums in five consecutive decades.

3. She has had 51 albums go Gold, 30 go Platinum, and 13 go Multi-Platinum.

4. She holds the record for highest number of top ten albums by a woman – 31 to be exact!

5. She is one of the few people to have an Oscar, an Emmy, a Grammy, and a Tony. And she has 2 Academy Awards, 4 Emmys, 8 Grammys, and 1 Tony…

6. She is the best-selling female artist EVER. Only female on the best-selling top ten list too.

B2Obviously she’s had a rockin’ career. And a long one too…. She recently did a PBS special with Il Divo that was beautiful. If you haven’t ever heard of Il Divo – look ‘em up. They’re phenomenal!! I think Simon Cowell had something to do with them. But I digress. Her voice is powerful and if she’s won that many awards and had that many records sold – there’s obviously a reason :)

B4

I saved the best song for last. It’s a really long intro but it is the best version of Somewhere I have ever heard. Seriously you will be hooked.







Hope you’ve enjoyed the journey down Diva lane :) I love music. And I’m pretty passionate about it…  Please let me know if you have any suggestions!! I’d love to be introduced to something new :) Happy Wednesday!!

No comments: