Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Butter Brickett

Tonight was Sar-Bear’s band concert and I have to say I was mighty impressed. Those 4th, 5th, and 6th graders play really really well!! Sarah’s clarinet practicing sure has paid off :) My mother and I laughed and held our breath and gawked because that’s what we do. My grandparents smiled and clapped quite nicely. And Kayla and Bucky left early for pre-martial counseling at church. I was kinda jealous of their early exit because they didn’t have to sit through the 6th Grade Boys Choir rendition of “in the jungle…. the mighty jungle” and “twist and shout” BUT my patience paid off.

Nana and Poppop took us to the farm for ice cream after the concert!

And I got Butter Brickett in a waffle cone and sat on a picnic table in complete bliss.
The four miles I ran earlier were a distant memory and I let myself feel zero guilt because tonight was unofficially the first night of summer.
And that, my friends, in something to be celebrated.

It’s actually called Butter Brickle. But one time last summer when I was at the farm with a friend I said Butter Brickett on accident and now Brickle just sounds dumb…
Good story right? Yeah, I know :)

My life is pretty boring these days and I’m in a slump – emotional and lifesicle (yes, I made that up. It’s the life version of emotional/physical/mental and it also sounds like obstacle and popsicle so it’s a little good and a little bad). And because of that slump elementary school band concerts and ice cream dates with my grandparents are the things I’m loving most about life. I’m 100% thankful for the small blessings God gives me every day :)

Hope your week is going well and make sure you stop by tomorrow for the first installment of Bandwagon Wednesday Divas!!!

No comments: