Saturday, May 7, 2011

My latest finds

Yesterday Sarah had early dismissal so when she got home from school we went out to get Mother’s Day gifts for Mom, stopped by the Care & Share, and then swung by Starbucks to visit Kayla ‘cause Frappucino Happy Hour started at 3! It was a really fun afternoon full of errands and singing Adele at the top of our lungs. Have I mentioned how fun Sarah is now that she’s getting older? Well she’s a lot more fun. She likes to sit around, paint nails, talk, and listen to music.

Anyways I scored this pair of mirror/candle holders at the thrift store for $3 each yesterday. The thrift store is overpriced and sometimes it’s annoying but these are adorable and I thought the price was ok so I snagged ‘em. I haven’t decided where I want to hang them yet, but the light pink will match the zillion other colors in my room :)

 

And someday when I have a real apartment or house these will be really easy to paint and repaint to match the decor.

We also got my mom the cutest present for Mother’s Day from this little store near my work called Heartwarming Treasures. They sell tons of of country decor... those fake candles that look real,  cute signs and wreaths, knick knack stuff…. It smells amazing in there and the decorations are so cute. It took us so long to decide what to get her but finally decided on this… She has always loved bird houses and this one sticks into the front flower bed or a potted plant. I think she’s really gonna like it!!

Hope you’re having a good weekend and are enjoying the nice weather if you’re havin it!!

No comments: