Sunday, May 22, 2011

M.I.A.

It’s pretty obvious that I’ve been Missing In Action over the last few weeks and here are my excuses/a few reasons why…

1. Life is hard. And I’ve been doing a whole lot of thinking. It isn’t the kind that I want everyone to know about. It’s also not the kind you’d probably want to read about.
And so I haven’t really had much to say or blog about.

2. Sometimes I just get so darn sick and tired of writing and reading about myself.
I don’t know how some people update an outfit post every day.
I get tired of hearing myself. Thus I needed a break.

3. Between work and shower planning and shower having and recouping - I’ve been busy. I also have a dear friend from out of state visiting for a few weeks and we’ve been catching up. So yes I chose life over the blog. And I’m glad I did :)

Now onto the brilliantly inspiring post!! Just kidding. But maybe.

 

Yesterday I bought myself I new bead for my Chamilia Bracelet. I’ve decided I’m really not the type to get a tattoo because a. they’re permanent b. I change my mind all the time c. my dad would be extremely upset and I need to respect him. But I wanted to keep something with me at all times to remind me of the things I’ve learned, the things I need to remember, and the things I never want to forget. I wear my Chamilia bracelet pretty much every day, so I considered getting a new bead. I figured it was prettier, cheaper, way more me, and much more acceptable at home :)

When I went into the boutique I wasn’t even planning to buy a bead, I just wanted to look. And then this bead just caught my eye. It’s a white glass bead that has a shimmer to it.
It sounds so so so lame but for some reason I just felt drawn to it. So I bought it.
And I’m really glad I did.

First – “Sin had left a crimson stain, HE washed it white as snow”
The bead symbolizes God’s forgiveness of my sin. Because of Jesus’ death on the cross, my debts are paid. I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life. I’ve done things even when I knew they were wrong. Yet God is gracious and merciful and has forgiven me. That’s something I need to remember and be thankful for and praise God for every day. I also need a reminder to repent of my sin. I’ve been forgiven, but I’m going to sin again.
I need to continue to repent of my sin.

Second – 7 times 77
Jesus commands us to forgive time and time again. To forgive every time. This is something that is very hard for me. Initially it is very easy for me to forgive others. But as time goes on I begin to think about the words that were spoken or the events that took place and I realize how hurt I am. It makes it very hard for me to continue to forgive the person in my heart. Forgive and Forget is right on. Forgiving right away isn’t the hard part for me, it’s the forgetting. It’s getting easier as time goes on, and I know that is the Lord working in my life and molding me to be more like Jesus. The bead reminds me to continue to forgive in my heart every single day.

Third – A Fresh Start
The day that I bought this marked the first day of something new. Life is changing and change can be hard, but change can also be good. I need to view every day as a new opportunity, as a gift from God, and as a fresh start. Sure there will be bumps in the road. Sure there will be times when I may long for something different, something more, or something I once had, but I know God is in control.
For that reason alone I need to view every day with a positivity.

Fourth – Lessons Learned Along Life’s Journey
The other two beads on my bracelet are important to me. They are symbolic of a friendship and of love. They are from a time in my life from which I have learned a lot. They are from a time in my life that has changed who I am. They are from a time in my life that I do not want to forget, regret, or hate. My past is a part of me. And I’m glad it is. This bead is the next step, the next lesson learned, the bridge between what was before and what is next.

I hope this super sappy post didn’t bore you to tears, but inspired you to
learn from your past, cherish every day, forgive others and maybe even yourself,
and most importantly keeps your eyes and heart fixed on Jesus.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I have been feeling pretty similar to this...thanks for putting it into words for me. :)