Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bandwagon Wednesday: Diva Pt. II

This week’s Diva is known for being bootylicious. She has an alter ego. And she married a man with just as much renown the business as herself.

Beyonce

B!

I vividly remember walking through Target and looking up above the TVs and DVDs and seeing huge album covers – one of which was Destiny’s Child. I remember thinking wow they must be so famous. They’re so beautiful. I wasn’t allowed to listen to their music but that didn’t mean I was unsure about who they were…

B5 B6

There was lots of turmoil surrounding them but I wasn’t that up on pop-culture in elementary school…  Thankfully that didn’t ruin them. Anyways somewhere along the line I heard Beyonce sing and I was amazed.

1. She’s beautiful. HAHA this all sounds strangely familiar to last week’s post.  She’s had every hair color and style under the sun. She wears ball gowns, jeans, and costumes for her performances and always looks amazing.

B2 B3

This was one of my favorite B moments. The Grammys. Her gold dress, purple eye shadow, and armful of Grammys. What a moment!!

B4 

2. She is a classy woman who likes to stay out of the public eye. She has never been a regular in the tabloids because she keeps her personal life personal. She even got married without anyone finding out!! I think it’s great that some people find a way to have a career in the spotlight but keep some semblance of normalcy. And maybe everyone respects her privacy because she is so legit and classy. Maybe.

3. She is in one of my favorite movies: Dream Girls… alongside another fabulous lady Jennifer Hudson!!

B8

4. She never settles for anything less than the best. Her choreography, her lyrics, her music. I heard her in an interview before I Am… Sasha Fierce came out… She said she recorded 70 some songs and picked the ones she thought were the best for the album. THAT is dedication!!

5. Finally – her music. Might just make ya wanna get up and dance a little :) You Go Girl! The last song is long but it’s really good – favorite from Dream Girls!! Definitely rent it if you’ve never seen it!







And obviously I couldn’t leave this one out :) The video was necessary! Did I forget to mention that she’s an incredible dancer. Well she is. This video is a little craycray but it’s pretty intense. Beyonce is super talented. The end.

 

Hope you got to shake whatcha’ momma gave ya :)

No comments: