Thursday, July 28, 2011

I love my job because…

1.  I get called Rachel all the time.

2.  I get called Becky. A lot.

3.  I talk about the weather more than I talk about anything else.

4.  I learn Spanish from one of the residents who is from Cuba – we’re progressing quite well…

Good Morning! How are you?
Good Morning…. Alive.
Well that’s good!
I am very bad, I’ve completely lost my memory.
I’m so sorry to hear that…
I’m going to sit outside. I’ll be back for dinner.
Ok enjoy!
(Of course that all happens in Spanish… I just don’t know how to spell the words I’m saying…)

5. The ladies I work with are amazing. And hilarious. And make me smile every single day.

6. Employees now get unlimited iced tea for free – SO GOOD!

7.  I get to listen to soft rock the entire time. My current favorite song is Tonight, Tonight, Tonight by Genesis. It’s a good one.

8.  The gym is five minutes from work – which is major incentive to actually get my butt in there…

9.  I catch up on current events during single shift via the yahoo home page and I learn something new every single day. My dad will be very proud to learn that I too have become an Associated Press article  junkie…

10.  The residents. They come to the desk and always have words of wisdom, compliments, and smiles on their faces. They encourage me to live every day to the fullest and to always be content. Yesterday one resident told me to “live it up”

Thank you Mr. S – I think I will :)

And yes that is a picture of me rockin’ my work ID.
Go big or go home, say it loud say it proud… yeah ok, not really – it’s mandatory :)

Why do you love your job?!

No comments: