Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Day Date…

Between class, work, driving, sleep, and family time there are only a few hours/evenings every week that I get to spend with friends or spend alone… and this past weekend after 6 very full days of class, I spent the ENTIRE day with my best friend. We went downtown and it was absolutely wonderful. I love Philadelphia.
 
After church we drove downtown and it was so gorgeous out that our walk to the Art Museum from our car didn’t seem long at all! We were lucky and didn’t have to face the heat and humidity that we’re suffering through this week…
One of my favorite things about this city is that view from the top of the Art Museum steps that looks back towards Center City - Logan Square, Love Park, and City Hall.
Mark and I also obviously had a little fun while perusing the art… I spent so much time looking at all of the furniture because I learned so much from my class at Temple last week (more on that soon), that we got a little silly and felt it was 100% necessary to photograph that goose and that schnahze… Seriously! Look at those things!!
And then in typical us-fashion, we drove to Manayunk and had sushi and delicious sandwiches at the Manayunk Brewery. The USA Women’s Soccer World Cup game was on so we kept checking the score every time everyone at the bar yelled!! So sad they lost but I think Japan may have needed this one… I always love to see triumph bring hurting people together. Ok enough Remember The Titans love…. back to dinner - The live band played the most relaxing, summertime music I’ve ever heard and made us feel like we were actually on vacation somewhere along a beach… instead of the stagnant brown/green Schuylkill River :) On the drive home we got to see the sun set on the flip side of the Art Museum and then took 95 all the way home along the Delaware…
The fabulous weather, delicious food, inspiring art, and wonderful company made Sunday a wonderful day date… I wish I could relive it all over right now :)
If you’re every in Philadelphia I STRONGLY encourage you to go to the museum, take your picture in front of the LOVE monument at Love Park, and definitely eat a cheese steak!

No comments: