Friday, November 18, 2011

There’s just something about New York at Christmastime…

Wednesday we went to NYC to kick off the Christmas season.
It was a bit rainy, but magical as usual.

nyc5nyc7nyc8 nyc6 nyc2 nyc4 nyc3

We ate lunch at the Stardust Cafe – we had never been there before. It was probably more fun than everyone told me it would be. My dads co-workers are a lively bunch and really got into it. As you can see, Rufus, our server, whose name is actually Matt, was serenading Sarah with some Frank Sinatra. And she loved it. Not really. But she handles that stuff way better than I did at 12. And the Rockettes were amazing. AMAZING. I can not believe how perfect they are. TONS and tons of practice. And we watched The Polar Express and Elf on the bus rides to and from which made it feel even more like Christmas. I’m definitely looking forward to Thanksgiving next week, but Christmastime is my favorite time of the year. I’m listening to Christmas music right now actually :)
I love New York City. It’s the best.
What’s your favorite thing about NYC?

No comments: