Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I’m Ok.

This morning I was at work and the phone rang.

I picked it up and answered as usual.

I was surprised to hear, “Babe. Did you get my text?”

“Oh hi. Uh no, I’m at work? It’s in my purse.”

“Ok.”
*long pause*
“I’m ok.”

…and immediately my eyes filled with tears and my mind went crazy wondering what that actually meant. This morning on his way to work, Mark got hit by a car that never saw him and he did a 360 on 95 in morning rush hour traffic. Thankfully the only damage was a dent in his car. He walked away in one piece. Which is a miracle. I don’t know about you but 95 is the LAST place I want to be at 7am or 5pm. It’s insane.

He just kept saying. “I’m ok. I’m ok. Rebecca I promise I’m ok.” And he wasn’t saying it to convince himself. He was saying it to convince me.  And even at 12pm on my lunch break the thought of the whole thing made me cry. It’s a miracle.

IMAG0590vvb

Today I am so so so thankful that my best friend is healthy and safe.
Today I am so thankful that he called me to tell me. That I could hear his voice.
Today I am so thankful that Mark is alive.

And now I am thankful that we are going to Chipotle.
AKA. Thankful I can squeeze him to death.

Not literally.

No comments: