Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Sunny Saturday

Picking up where I left off in yesterday’s post…

On Saturday, after the brothers finally got outta bed we went to hike around the mountain that overlooks New Paltz. The cliffs are beautiful and are really popular for rock climbers?? – mountain climbers ?? So we saw a bunch of them too. Fortunately there were no accidents while we were walking!! Just a lot of people without shoes laying in the dirt. Or scaling the cliffs. And leashed dogs too.
The view from the trail was so gorgeous. All the leaves were starting to turn and the weather was perfect. The trail around the mountain was about five miles and the walk to the car was about a little under a mile each way. I have to admit at one point I really thought we were never going to make it all the way around, but I’m glad we did it. The two soccer players weren’t quite as thrilled :)

image

image888

image890

image891

image889

image893

image894

image895

Afterwards, we came back to the house for cheese and crackers and, of course, a fire. Mark’s mom bought goat cheese to spread over date bread. It sounded totally gross but it was one of the best things I have ever eaten.
I couldn’t get enough of it!

image896

image897

Oh I want to go back SO bad…
We made a fire outside too – so the boys could make hotdogs. It was REALLY cold once the sun went down.
The boys lasted much longer than I did.
image976

image975

image974

image954

Mark had four hot dogs.  Four hot dogs with onions, mustard, and chilli. MMMMmmm.
No thank you. I’ll stick with my date bread and goat cheese :)

No comments: