Monday, October 17, 2011

“Bec - You got mail”

Those are three words that I love to hear.

And usually it’s something lame. One lame envelope.
Today it  was 3 things. Three awesome pieces of mail.

1. TeenVogue which I’ll probably receive until I’m 65 because of some awesome renewal thing I did three years ago… I have to say I really don’t mind paging through it…

2. House Beautiful which was a birthday present from my parents this year. LOVE IT. Makes me want a house so so so bad. I drool.

3. A sweater that I ordered online. That was back ordered until December 10th.
But it came. Today. And it’s perfect.

Oh and my boyfriend drove an hour to come see me and eat with me on my lunch break. And my sister got a teaching job and a new car.

BEST.MONDAY.EVER.
I have to say I really love Mondays. There’s no baggage.
By Thursday you’re dragging from everything that has happened since Monday. Or rather, everything that hasn’t happened since Monday – all the stuff you haven’t finished. So Friday is like the best thing ever because you’ve had it. And you’re ready for the weekend. But Monday is a fresh start. A clean slate. Nothing else forgotten. No catching up to do. No post-its in your mail box with notes from the day before that you put there before you clocked out so you’d remember the next morning. And that you’re shocked to see at 6:53AM until you realize it’s your own handwriting and you’re the only person who puts stuff in your mail box. Yes Monday morning is a clean slate.
And with perfect weather like this. I really can’t complain.

Happy Monday Everyone :)

285170215_WB0SITrt_c

No comments: