Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dance Party

This past Saturday I woke up to find out that six of Sarah’s friends were going to be coming over in twenty minutes. That was a bit of a shock, to say the least. Then I found out  I was on lifeguard duty, ‘cause I’m such a strong swimmer, and all - not. And that made me not so happy. But I figured it was an opportunity to lay in the sun, so whatever, I’d make the best of it. I overheard them struggling to figure out a routine for their song. Sooo I stepped in to help – it was the right thing to do right? I do have some experience in this department – there’s video footage somewhere of my friends’ and my middle school exploits. Bad hair cuts, ill fitting clothes, braces – you remember :)

We had such a fun time dancing our way through the song and then putting it all together. I love their age. It’s a bit awkward, for sure. But there’s still a bit of a lack of self awareness and they still like to have fun. They didn’t want to be the cutest girls or get the boys’ attention. They just wanted to have fun together and enjoy themselves. I loved it.

They picked the perfect song… So happy summer, dear readers. Go have a dance party :)

No comments: