Sunday, May 13, 2012

A bird’s nest

I recently got a new bead for my Chamilia bracelet in honor of my mother and my sisters. I saw this bead a long time ago on the Chamilia website and added it to my mental wish list immediately. It was perfect. It’s symbolic in a very subtle and personal way. A few months ago I couldn’t find it on the website and got worried it was discontinued. But, thankfully, it was not. I picked it up about a week ago…

When I was born my family lived on a camp and we were surrounded by a lot of nature. There were swans in the lake and they were kind of a trademark of the camp. My mom has always loved swans because they remind her of Keswick. When we moved to Pennsylvania our house backed up to woods and my mom and I would sit in the kitchen with her bird book and name all the birds that flew by. I have such vivid memories of studying her bird book. Also, I have two sisters – one egg for each of us. And finally, the eggs are pearls – which are my favorite stone. This bead is one of my favorites!

No comments: